When someone you love has died, you may find yourself uncertain what action you should take next. In those moments and hours that follow, you may feel a range of emotions that can overwhelm you. Who should be notified? Who can you call on for funeral and cremation care in Northern Cambria, PA? How do you know who you can trust with such an important task?
Our caring professionals at Simple Alternatives Funeral Home & Crematory understand the difficulty of these moments. We do everything in our power to ease the burden of your pain and loss by compassionately serving your family in your time of need. With this in mind, we think it’s important that you come to your own conclusion that we are the right fit for your particular needs. May we suggest you consider six important points as you search for a funeral home:
- Service Options: Area funeral service companies are generally well qualified to handle the responsibilities of the job. Look for service offerings that meet the needs of your family and deceased loved one. If you prefer a traditional funeral, learn how funeral homes differentiate their services from each other. If your family prefers cremation services, think about priorities for this care. Does the funeral home outsource this service to a third party? Or do they have an on-site crematory?
- Pricing: Every family that needs service has to consider cost and budget constraints. Funeral homes are legally mandated to provide their prices to customers upon request. You can ask several service providers for their general price list to compare and contrast the cost of funeral services that you are interested in. Value is the highest priority to consider without sacrificing the quality of care, service, or funeral products you may need.
- Experience: Like all businesses, funeral homes and their professional staff will have varying levels of experience in their practice. Legal and industry standards require a level of professional education via the mortuary school for funeral directors. But, education doesn’t mean they will have experienced every kind of funeral and cremation service in Northern Cambria, PA. They will be well versed in many service varieties, primarily focused around the majority needs of the communities they serve. As you evaluate a potential funeral home for services, ask about their experience. Find out if they can provide care for any cultural, traditional, religious, or alternative observances you may want.
- Funeral Home Venue: If you are deciding where to hold a funeral or memorial service, consider the funeral home itself as a possible venue. Think about the convenience of the location, access, and parking, chapel seating, banquet, and serving facilities, comfort, ambiance, visual media technology equipment, etc. Will the venue meet the needs of those who gather? Will the services be well suited to the funeral home itself? If not, are there other locations that could be more appropriate, such as a house of worship, a civic center, an outdoor venue, or even a home environment? Funeral care providers are excellent at planning and coordinating services at offsite locations when requested.
- Personalization: Funeral and memorial services are about honoring the deceased in a way that helps attendees to feel connected to them. That’s why great funerals are always personal in nature. They celebrate the life of the deceased, their stories, accomplishments, character traits, personalities, triumphs, and challenges. In short, personalized funerals help families and friends to remember their loved one more than they remember the ceremony itself. A service that is not personal is often hollow and empty. It can hurt those who come to grieve and mourn their fallen loved one and friend. Before you hire any funeral home, be sure to ask how they work with families to personalize the funeral service. Preparing a fitting tribute to your loved one is an important way to honor the relationships they shared with those who remain.
- Communication: When you interview funeral homes, take a moment to observe the communication dynamic you share. Ask yourself whether they are listening to you, thinking about your needs, and providing good guidance and support. Do they seem interested in planning and carrying out a service that will honor your fallen loved one? If you get the feeling that you are nothing more than just another client in a long line of people waiting to be served, you may want to look elsewhere for help.
High-Quality Funeral and Cremation Care in Northern Cambria, PA
At Simple Alternatives Funeral Home & Crematory, our team of dedicated professionals are here to help. If a death has occurred in your family, we’re ready to provide quality funeral and cremation support in Northern Cambria, PA. Stop by our funeral home at 717 Main St Windber, PA 15963 for a conversation or call us at (814) 533-5832.